Facts on one of
the world’s elite deaf players
Miha Zupan – Slovenia
- September 1982 – Age 28 (2010)
- 204 cm (6 ft 8½in) – Power forward
- 106 kg (233 lb)
- Formerly plays for Slovan Ljubljana (2000–06) and Union Olimpija (2006-09) in the elite Euroleague – one of the few best leagues in the world. Nows plays for Trikala in Greek Basketball League. Miha is the only 2nd professional deaf player to play in Euroleague since Kjell Gunna in 1963 to 1975 in European Cup – a forerunner of the Euroleague.
- Slovenia Deaf & hearing National teams since 2000.
- Slovenian League All-Star Game in 2004 and 2006, earning MVP honours.
- Won the 2004 slam dunk contest in Slovenian League All-Star Game.
- 2001 Deaflympic Games.
- 2004 European Deaf Basketball Championships – Champions team.
- 2008 European Deaf Basketball Championships – Silver medal.
Source: Deaf International Basketball Federation – 2009