Facts on one of
the world’s elite deaf players
Cecilia Ferm – Sweden
- October 1975 – Age 35 (2010).
- 177 cm (5 ft 9in) – Power forward.
- Nerikes, Jarfalla and now Solna Vikings as professional in Swedish Women’s Basketball League and Women Euroleague, clocked over 500 games altogether.
- Won 6 Swedish Cup championships in Swedish Women’s Basketball League.
- Swedish National Deaf team since 1992.
- 5 times Deaflympic Games – 1 Gold (2009) and 4 Silver medals.
- 2007 World Deaf Basketball Championships in Guangzhou, China – Silver medal.
- 5 times European Deaf Basketball Championships – Champions team.
- ICSD 2000 & 2004 World Best Sportswoman of the Year.
- Top five “All Stars” team in every European and world deaf basketball championships.
- Top-scorer in almost all international deaf competitions.
- Several MVP awards and counting – one of most consistent and highly decorated professional player.
- A country’s most prominent deaf sportswoman as she continues to receive much publicity and attention by playing for a hearing professional team, appeared in media & high profile events.
Source: Deaf International Basketball Federation – 2009