Part of our long term plan to increase the standard of deaf basketball in United Kingdom (UK), manage the national teams and to improve our world rankings. In order to do this, as follows:
- Form local deaf basketball clubs/teams for weekly social basketball training and competition in designated local areas.
- Give direct or indirect support and awareness for deaf players who may be playing in hearing teams where possible.
- Conduct basketball clinic/skills for deaf primary schools or mainstreamed primary schools with deaf pupils.
- Promote and encourage more deaf women to take up basketball.
- Establish national deaf squad or teams with try-outs, camps and regular training programme for U20 and open age.
- Appoints national head coaches and managers with international experiences and holds high level coaching accredited and qualifications (where finance permits).
- Network contacts for regular friendly matches with European basketball clubs or national teams in their home countries.
- To invite other countries deaf teams or clubs to UK to play basketball games with our local clubs or national teams.
- Organise the national deaf basketball teams to attend to official international deaf basketball championships as well as Deaflympic Games once the standard of UK deaf basketball have finally proven to be exceptional.
- Select and send appropriate deaf players, deaf coaches or deaf referee to Deaf International Basketball Federation (DIBF) development programme in overseas each year. These are DIBF International Deaf Youth Basketball Camp, DIBF Coaches clinic and development seminar, and DIBF International Deaf Referee clinic.
- To invite and host the DIBF development programme in UK.
Bodies and general:
- Develop network of support from national governing bodies such England Basketball, Basketball Scotland, UK Deaf Sports, etc.
- Regular review and refresh within grassroots level to ensure consistency and being inline with development plan.
- Promote and encourage people and clubs to join become a member of Deaf Basketball UK.
- Promote and encourage people to be involved and on the committee or board member of Deaf Basketball UK.